What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Flight - N800ME

RVG8tor

Well Known Member
The weather gods took pity on me today and I was able to get in two flights. Landing was near perfect, engine runs nicely. Heavy right wing that I hope is due to the aileron trim springs. Plan is fly without them next. Thanks for all the help from those on this site and my local EAA crews. My wife flew with my Flight Adviser and took this shot, very nice.

Training besides some formation in the rear seat of a RV-8 I had two flights in an RV-7 with multiple landings with my flight adviser, I was ready after these but to make the insurance company happy I had to fly 1 hour dual in an "A" model with a CFI which I did in an RV-6A (thanks Joel). It chaps me that an EAA flight adviser carries not clout with the insurance company but it all worked out. I got in a second flight and it too was awesome.

It was a long 5 years but well worth the effort, yes 5 years with a quick build :(

Cheers

6r0g87.jpg

Congratulations Mike!
I have been looking forward to this day for you!

Feel free to call me anytime you need anything!

Jon

513-325-3278

Congratulations!

Great Job! Now it's time to wrap your head around having an airplane instead of a project!

I'd like to add my congratulations to Mike (and Anita too). That's a swell picture of your '8A in the pattern at Sanderson; it's like the weather gods provided you with a sunbeam for your first flight.

It was a long 5 years but well worth the effort, yes 5 years with a quick build :(

After visiting you and seeing your build (twice: once in your garage and once at the hangar), I can understand why a QB took 5 years. Everything was meticulously done. You must feel like a million bucks, Mike. Congratulations, you've earned it.

--
Joe

Congrats Mike. Hopefully having those wheels leave the surly bonds of earth surely made up for all of the hours in the garage.

Big Time Congrats....

Congratulations Mike! I have been following your progress, like others, and know that yesterday was truly special. Stay safe in phase 1 and hope to see you around at an airshow or two someday.

Besides, I want to hear the "Nemo" story.:D

...After visiting you and seeing your build (twice: once in your garage and once at the hangar), I can understand why a QB took 5 years. Everything was meticulously done. You must feel like a million bucks, Mike. Congratulations, you've earned it.

--
Joe

Joe, you got it ! I'm another 5 years QB guy ;)

Congratulations, Mike! I'm really looking forward to the big day myself, hopefully in the not-too-distant future. :)

Congrats Mike!

Hi Mike,

Congratulations! Great job!
P.S.
I'd love to tell you that you're missing out on a bunch of great flying in NY, but it just ain't so. I'll be bidding the DTW 777 on the next bid. Hopefully, the reserve schedule will give me plenty of time to work on my -7.

Cheers,

Greg

Last edited:
Another 8 slips the sirly bonds........

Nemo, this is fantastic news! I doubt you even realize this, but I began my build at a time when you were quite active in the forums with empennage questions, and your posts were a huge part of what got me started on VAF.

Being able to trace someone's progress throughout the course of the entire build is a priceless asset for those of us that are still in progress. I thank you for showing us that even with 5 years taken to complete a quick build, if you keep at it, one day you will finally have a flying airplane to show off to the rest of the world.

Congrats on your first of many flights yet to come!

Appreciated

I really appreciate the congratulations. I logged 5.2 hours in two days and so far everything is running good on the engine. I have a heavy wing to sort out but I will look into that after I get 10 hours on the plane. Waiting out the weather for my next opportunity to fly!

Cheers

Congrats!

Mike, congratulations on your first flights! Early on your kit-log was the deciding factor for me to make the plunge! I'm sure you inspired others as well. Enjoy the moment--very much deserved!:D:D

Steve

Back