What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VAF, N100NT and Ford Tri-motor

woodmanrog

Well Known Member
Saturday I was priveleged to be able to have my photo taken with one of 8 Ford Tr-motor airplanes left in existance. Throught the courtesy of the staff and Captain CK Soucy, I was able to place N100NT next to the Tri-motor for a few photos. Thanks to EAA and Banyons Air Service at FXE in Ft. Lauderdale, FL. The event was the annual Aviation Day sponsored by Banyon's Air Service.
2ih55zr.jpg

27xghhk.jpg

EAA Chapter 133 thanks...

And a hearty thanks to EAA Chapter 133 of the Ft Lauderdale area for volunteering with the Tri-Motor since Wednesday. Ground operations, safety, passenger marshaling, etc. It takes a team. I was there Thursday and Friday helping out with the orange vest on. Nice to meet Tri-motor pilot Colin Soucy, younger brother of airshow performer Gene Soucy. Finally, a ride in the old Ford for 20 minutes-----priceless. I was about in tears thinking about the amazing job those aero engineers of the 20's did designing this aircraft. Boy, does she fly! Nice RV pics by the way..

Jeff Liebman
RV-8. N139JL
365 TT on the Hobbs
Superior IO-360
Airglades Airport, FL

Thanks Jeff

Thanks Jeff for filling in the details for me. It was a wonderful event also made a success by my good friend and RV9A pilot, Crazy Eddy Fernandez. Eddy provided the games and entertainment and helped to hand prop the Tri-Motor as seen in this photo.
34xqomp.jpg

Back