What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flap TE overhang

georgemohr

Well Known Member
Hi team 14!

Check this out. This is the left flap. Notice the amount of material from the TE wedge that extends past the aft edge of the flap skins. I didn't see this on other TE's thus far.

Thoughts?
George

Attachments

• flap.jpg
    flap.jpg
    116.3 KB · Views: 237
Surprised that all your te’s didn’t protrude like that. Mine did. Only thing you should file is the ends/corners. I put a smooth radius there.

Hi team 14!

Check this out. This is the left flap. Notice the amount of material from the TE wedge that extends past the aft edge of the flap skins. I didn't see this on other TE's thus far.

Thoughts?
George

I recommend you review 9-13, Figure 1, to review orientation of the trailing edges E-01423 & E-01423-T. I installed my trailing edge per the instructions and had no material extending beyond the upper and lower skins.

Hi DonJr,

That's really interesting, because I see no optionality here that would alter this overhang. In addition, I found an actual depiction of this in the manual. This snip is from page 21-10.

Regards,
G

Attachments

• te.JPG
    te.JPG
    40.5 KB · Views: 219
Hi DonJr,

That's really interesting, because I see no optionality here that would alter this overhang. In addition, I found an actual depiction of this in the manual. This snip is from page 21-10.

Regards,
G

Yup. My bad. Not sure how I got side tracked onto the ELEVATOR. OOPS. :D

Back