What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EZ Nuts Instrument Mounting System: Anyone used them?

Excellent for steam gauges

I used them when I had steam gauges and they worked as advertised.

I really like them. They are available in several different configurations to make it easy to mount the instruments. They are all aluminum and use 6-32 threaded inserts. The full "circle" units are quite stiff, the split ones are somewhat flimsy and require a bit of care when inserting the mounting screws so the captured nuts do not push away when the screws are inserted.

An aid to help align and capture these rings is to use a length of 6-32 threaded rod. This gets screwed into the ring in one of the mounting holes and helps to hold, position, and align the ring with the instrument and the panel mounting hole. The remaining holes get their screws inserted, and then the threaded rod is removed and then that position gets its screw.

I use them in both of my airplanes.

EZ nuts

Steve,

I used them when I had my steam gauge -4 and they are as easy as they look. I may even have some leftover in my hangar. If you’re interested PM me and we can work it out. Hopefully I still have them

Thanks guys, appreciate the reinforcement.

Oly, sorry but I already ordered them Saturday night. Maybe someone else will see this thread and buy them off you.

Attachments

• N805PYMarch22.jpg
    N805PYMarch22.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 83
Temp install. Me likey.

Attachments

• EZ Nuts (3).jpg
    EZ Nuts (3).jpg
    175.4 KB · Views: 98
  • EZ Nuts (1).jpg
    EZ Nuts (1).jpg
    150.4 KB · Views: 89