What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quick ? Firewall Fwd Adel

Drum

Hi - I have angle valve for my -8 and stock Vans engine mount - think it’s a Dynafocal I. Are people using -12 or -11 Adel clamps on the tubes & is there significant benefit for installing the hi temp clamps? Thanks in advance.

-12 fits my tubes pretty snugly. It seems like the high temp ones wouldn’t get hardened as fast - maybe never. I think the material is silicone, or has silicone in it, which can handle much higher temps.

Drum----you can get the red adel clamos from McMaster. Mil Spec, Hi Temp versions. And the red looks pretty cool on the white engine mount. Try 3225T66 McMaster.
Tom

The black ones seem to leave black marks out on the white frame around the clamps. Doesn't look good.

Hi - I have angle valve for my -8 and stock Vans engine mount - think it’s a Dynafocal I. Are people using -12 or -11 Adel clamps on the tubes & is there significant benefit for installing the hi temp clamps? Thanks in advance.

This is an example of how a lot of little decisions can add up to make a $100K build a $150K build. The regular black/relatively cheap adel clamps work just fine and, even if they were to deteriorate over time, you'd easily enough catch them during inspection. IRAN (inspect and replace as necessary)--I've inspected regularly but never needed to replace.

Back