What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Taking the tape off the oil cooler, cowl removal

I also use AL tape on the whole front side of the oil cooler in my RV-8(s). I just fold down a portion of the tape in the warmer months and unfold it back up against the oil cooler in the cooler months. Makes it easily adjustable. Works well in the Pacific NW.

Also, many, including me, use a piece of stiff material in the gap between the front of the cowl and the back of the spinner when removing/installing the cowl to protect the paint from scratches.

Last edited:
I also use AL tape on the whole front side of the oil cooler in my RV-8(s). I just fold down a portion of the tape in the warmer months and unfold it back up against the oil cooler in the cooler months. Makes it easily adjustable. Works well in the Pacific NW.

Also, many, including me, use a piece of stiff material in the gap between the front of the cowl and the back of the spinner when removing/installing the cowl to protect the paint from scratches.

Good tip, my cowl has it's share of scratches already, I plan to re-paint it at some point

Bill

Back