What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Getting Vinyl from a Picture for my 8

wbhammack

I'm trying to find a place to get a vinyl sticker made of a P-51 exhaust stack to go on my 8. Does anyone have a person / company that they can recommend? I've got a picture of what I'm trying to achieve but I haven't had any luck so far finding one on line and I don't know of anyone that can do this in the Memphis area.
Thanks in advance for any help
-Skip

Attachments

• E5794D66-8B31-4BB0-A243-F6EBD383C2BC.jpg
    E5794D66-8B31-4BB0-A243-F6EBD383C2BC.jpg
    127.5 KB · Views: 146
Vinyl

Maybe a war bird restoration company would have one.

After doing a full vinyl panel, I can tell you vinyl printers won't print from a jpeg. It pixelates badly. You won't like the results. Vinyl printers want an Adobe Illustrator (AI) file or a Scalable Vector Graphics file (SVG). Some will create the artwork from a jpeg for a fee. $100/hour. My grand daughter is a graphic artist for a Vinyl Print company. She produces the art for those huge trucks and signs.

Check out http://www.aerographics.com/

If you can create the graphic, they can print it. They will also work to help create custom stuff. And for something like that, if they get to keep the IP, they probably would sell it to others down the road.

Take a decent photo from Google images or Getty Images. Blow it up to the size you need in photoshop. Aerographics can likely print it for you at the size you need it.

Back