What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Garmin G3X cannot configure GEA 24 or GAD 27 discrete inputs

Draker

Well Known Member
Anyone seen this one before? Somewhat suddenly, I can no longer configure many of my discrete inputs in the G3X configuration mode: Aileron trim, Elevator trim, Flap position, and all the GAD 27 discrete inputs are now "grayed out" and cannot be selected. Other GEA 24 discrete inputs show up as light blue, and can be selected and configured.

I know I configured these in the past, and now I want to tweak them, but can't. The functionality of these things are fine when the G3X is in normal mode (flap position displays correctly, and so on), they just can't be configured anymore!

EDIT: Looks like nobody's encountered this one yet. Time for another E-mail to Garmin support!

Last edited:
Discrete Input Selections

Hi Ryan,

Shoot us an email, and we can help get these unlocked for you, you'll need a config file to clear the configuration selections out.

Thanks,

Justin

How timely, I was in the hanger last night and wanting to reconfigure some of my discretes and encounter the same issue. I can edit/configure those that have not been used but those that are already been configured can not be selected or edited anymore.
I sent an e-mail to Garmin support. I am running the latest version, 9.0

@Justin,
Will this config file remove all the existing configuration for the discretes? And will the issue still persist after?

Last edited:
Sent you a private message. Summary: 1. for the GAD 27, Garmin sent me a special config file to fix them, 2. for the other inputs like aileron trim, it was operator error (I was doing it wrong).

I just contacted G3Xpert regarding this issue and was informed that it has been “fixed” in 9.14.

I just contacted G3Xpert regarding this issue and was informed that it has been “fixed” in 9.14.

Actually version 9.10, is my understanding, but certainly if you install the current software version (9.14 as of this date) you will be all set.

Discrete Input Configuration

That is correct, the custom config file required to unlock the discrete input configuration is no longer required, the (v9.14) software update serves that purpose now.

Thanks,

Justin

Back