What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar Hotel

Several times

Yes been there several times. Last year for our anniversary. Great time. Only problem is the Officer club is not open at night during this time of year. Not sure why. Fredricksburg is great. Going back again in a few weeks.

Nice hotel

Yes, I stayed there in August on a cross-country. Recommended. Right on airfield. Very nice rooms. Recommend going when the Officer Club is open. Weekday rates are lower than on weekends. Fredericksburg is a neat town with lots of people walking down main street checking out the restaurants, bars and stores. Museum of the Pacific War and Nimitz birthplace also worth seeing. Nice airport too. On-field restaurant right next to the hotel, although check the hours on that too.

+1 for the diner next to the hotel. That was our favorite food run when we lived in San Antonio.

nice hotel

Have stayed at Hanger Hotel many times. Very friendly. Neat balcony to sit outside and watch planes land. Book ahead, last time went to Fredericksburg was sold out. Cab service to town reasonable. No kids allowed in Hotel.

Get gas at north end of field - much cheaper.

Gerald George
RV-10
KFWS

Thursday night is the night pilots meet at the officers club, year round. 1900 hours and bring your spouse. Rooms are cheaper during the week. Fuel on the north end of the airport is 4 bucks right now. Diner is open for breakfast and lunch Friday, Sat. And Sun. Fredericksburg is a great place with a lot to do for everyone, very aviation minded. I live hereo I'm prejudiced

HH

We've stayed there also. Very nice rooms, great balcony, nice diner. Even if you're local, stay a night just because.
Cathy

WE LOVED the Hanger Hotel

We went there for the first time this summer and we loved it. The hotel is fantastic. We missed reading that the Diner was not open for dinner. We arrived late in the afternoon and it was already closed as was the FBO and car rental. So we had pizza delivered and ate it in the O Club (no food only drinks in the Officers Club) The next morning we rented a car from the FBO. One type of car one flat rate, it worked out great. The pilot lounge has snacks, soda and popcorn available if you arrive late and do not have a car yet and do not want a pizza. Fredrecksberg and the the surrounding hill country is full of places to visit. We went to a river, went on a hike, watched bats emerge from a cave at sunset (for over 30 minutes). Wife made me do the bats but it was surprisingly fun and interesting.

It was rather blustery when we were there only planes on the ramp were our RV6 another RV6 and a RV8.

Like I said we will be back it is a real nice place. The staff could not be more friendly or helpful.

Here are a few pictures of the Hanger Hotel.

The wife and myself love it, they have a USO dance 4 times a year. Book way in advance. Big band (usually swing). The cab fair is reasonable and plenty to do in town.
G.P.

Hanger Hotel

We made our first trip to the Hanger Hotel from Wisconsin last week, got there Wednesday and stayed until Sunday. We had a great time and for sure will go back. I really enjoyed the Pacific war museum, all the little shops and the enchanted rock.
We also had a pleasant superise when all the RV's showed up and were doing formation flight, I would put this in the double bonus category. They were great!!
Overall must say this was a great trip and we for sure will be going back!
http://s1049.photobucket.com/user/bugsbunny67/slideshow/Fredericksburg

I pointed out the old telephone switchboard behind the lobby desk to my wife and the clerk pointed to the picture on top of it. He said it was the owner's mother. She was working at the very same switchboard when the picture was taken a very long time ago. Neat! The diner was closed when we were there, so we walked down a chalky road to a nice restaurant...Sawmill or something close to it and had a great meal.

Jim

Back