What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New panel in the -6

Clarkie

Well Known Member
George and I upgraded the panel last year. Just getting around to posting the before and after pics. All work was done by Kent Gorton in Mallard's Landing just south of ATL.

Sorry for the poor quality iPhone pics.

Before:
55ed0434-d78b-45bd-9e27-e2040f1f588c_zps510a5adb.jpg

After:
41c6599e-bd95-453a-a30f-953679337a17_zps64242b8c.jpg

New gear:
AFS 4500s
GTN 650
ADS-B In/Out (Freeflight Explorer)
AFS Pilot
Approach Systems Hub
Trig TX22 Transponder
Dynon D-10 (reused)
GMA 340 Audio Panel (reused)
Icom A200 (Reused)

We reused what we could and sold all the other stuff thanks to VAF!

Very happy with the new layout and the functionality of it all.

Very nice panel with a lot of functionality. If you're like me, once you get comfortable with the EFIS and 650 you'll not use the portable GPS anymore.

upgrades

I love the new panel. I also love the seats and interior; where did these items come from? Oh, and I like to new stick grips - who makes them? I plan to update the interior of my -6 soon; looking for ideas, recommendations, warnings, sources, etc.

Robert

Robert,

The seats and the rest of the interior are from Classic Aero. The grips are Tosten. Very happy with all of it.

Jerry,

Thanks for the comment. We initially kept the 696 there because we were very comfortable with it and not so much the "other" stuff. Now that we are learning how to use everything, we both decided we still use some of the functions within the 696 and decided to keep it there if nothing else other than a "security blanket." We figure one more moving map in addition to the four we have now and it'll be done. :)

Stunning capability

I had the chance to fly with Tom in this plane and the capability of this panel, GPS and Autopilot is amazing. We flew a coupled GPS approach and watching the autopilot work with the AFS screens was very impressive. It is also one of the best looking and fastest RVs you will ever see!

Back