What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Can you roll your "canoe" around?

BGordon

Well Known Member
Good morning everyone, I am plugging away on my forward fuselage in one half of a two car garage (my wife insists her car be brought in every night). Once I flip my fuselage rightside up I would like to put it in some sort of cart so that I can wheel it around and work on it. I'm sure people have done this before, I am looking for ideas and pictures.
Thanks in advance
Brandon

yes you can

I also used the basic design that Mike S linked to in his post. I added a vertical brace to the front (like the one at the back), and I also doubled the main beam. The stand is rock solid and it makes it very easy to move my fuselage around.

It's probably not worth the effort, but I have one I'll give you if you can come get it. Fredericksburg, TX

Fuselage cart

Thanks Jim, I don't have a place to store it now. I will contact you when I get to that point and if you still have it I will take it off your hands
Brandon

Free Cradle

This is free to anyone who wants it (the cradle not the airplane). It's contoured and padded to accept the full weight of the airplane with engine installed. Full castering wheels for getting around in tight places (like my basement).

IMG_1623.JPG

Last edited:
Back