What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

MGL Avionics A16 intercom released

Rainier Lamers

Well Known Member
It's taken a bit longer than I hoped for but I think the result is worth the wait.
A16w2.jpg

Razor%20Front%202-2.jpg

Brief: Six place, dual circuit, stereo with plenty wired audio inputs, bluetooth audio (music) streaming and phone interface (make and receive calls). Can support two independent bluetooth audio devices with simple pairing mechanism. Includes a cockpit voice recorder as well.
Interfaces to two COM radios with PTT multiplexor and independent Pilot/PAX PTT inputs if needed.
Audio level controls over a very wide range for both inputs and outputs.

The currently available A16 excludes the marker beacon receiver. A version with marker beacon receiver should be available in 2020.

The modular concept A16 can currently be controlled by the 3.1/8" touchscreen Razor control (with a rotary knob for volume/level controls). Functionality for MGL EFIS systems to control the A16 will be added shortly to these EFIS systems by means of a firmware update.

It is possible to control the A16 from multiple systems with or without one or more Razor heads.

Communication protocols (RS232 and CAN bus) for third party applications are, as usual, available from MGL.

The A16 joins the N16 navigation radio and the V16 COM radio in the MGL stable. The T16 transponder is next...

http://www.mglavionics.co.za/a16.html

Rainier
CEO MGL Avionics

Congrats!

Congrats Rainier! Looks like a very nice product. I just read through the manual - also very well done.

Back