What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pilot operating handbook

laz

Well Known Member
I have looked at the section on POH. Since I am not talented at word processing I am looking for a Template ( kind of fill in the blanks ) for my RV8. Some on the download section appear to be from the same template. Any help would be appreciated

Since you are RV8, do an advanced search for Kevin Horton. His website is listed in his signature, and has a good POH. It is in PDF format, but is a different style you might follow. You just might have to learn a new/updated skill, I am. :D

Mike
PM me your email address and I will send you two files. One is my POH in Word document format and the other is an Excel file that I use for copying and pasting certain information (table of contents, equipment list, spreadsheet/glide distance graph, etc.) into my Word document file.

My RV is a 7A but you can update/modify the POH file to suit your needs. There is an RV Transition Syllabus by Mike Vaccaro (Vac) available on this forum that I found quite useful in developing my POH and may be helpful in making appropriate RV8 modifications to my POH. Nothing is unique so feel free to plagiarize as required (my POH was initially derived from another POH I found on this forum).

I also went to my local military clothing store and purchase plastic military checklist sleeves to put printed copies of the POH into. I also printed a pdf file of the POH for my “iPad Books” app.

I’m more than a little anal retentive, therefore the POH is not a small document. It includes eight sections: 1. General Information, 2. Limitations and Performance, 3. Emergency Procedures, 4. Normal Operations, 5. Checklists, 6. Weight and Balance, 7. Equipment List and Guides, and 8. Miscellaneous Information.

I actually use a two page “checklist” document extracted from my POH for inflight use that I printed back to back and had laminated at Office Depot.

The POH itself is stored in a small “EZ Caddy” between my seats for reference if required. The EZ Caddy I purchased on AircraftExtras.com. I really like the storage it’s given me without taking away useful seat space (a major concern I initially had but subsequently proved to be a none issue). With the tandem seating of the RV8, cabin storage space for this POH shouldn’t be an issue.

Good luck.

Last edited:
Back