What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

VH-XJL First Flight

Jamie Aust

Well Known Member
I'm happy to report VH-XJL got off the ground from Caboolture 21st AUG 2011, she has now gone from a kit to an aero plane.
All went well with only a slight heavy right wing, this is normal and can easily be fixed.
OAT was 18 C , engine temps on climb out around 370 F, the engine rings still need to seat in.
GPS / IAS showed around 150 kts.
Too many people to thank that helped me get to this point, you know who your are, once again THANK YOU !
I had better go and clean some bugs of the windscreen now

p8202505.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmj4xrcdiCY

Last edited:
Congratulations!

HI Jamie,

Congratulations Jamie ! Great to hear another Aussie RV in the air.

Enjoy the journey and stay safe:)

Greg Blakey (RV-7A 15 hrs phase one and counting)

Jamie congratulations! One more Vans in the sky always great to hear. The paint job looks exceptional.

PS You are welcome :D

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats :D:D

What sort of test program do you have to fly down there???

Flies OK, will need a few tweaks here and there but overall, it went very well. No turnbacks for problems, just got in and flew.

Jamie has done an excellent job indeed.

................and now I have another RV to play with at Caboolture :D

CONGRATULATIONS

That is an aircraft that anyone would be proud to say they built it. Congratulations Jamie, well done mate.

Ok, now that Dave has been for a burn in it, when are you taking it up?

You just missed out Bob, I landed at your field today at around 4.45 local and couldnt find you. Maybe next time.

Congrats

Great form Jamie.....enjoy......she looks great.

Look forwad to crossing paths in the near future.

Best regards

Jon

Gooday Jon,

She is a ripper all right, and that paint job is not done justice by the photo. It needs to be seen to appreciate.

DB

PS.......Gooday Bob, Jamie has more time in it than me now, and I expect that is the way it should be. And what did Rotec have to say?

Congrats, Jamie - on a long journey, nicely completed. And what a great place to be based! Best wishes from Jacksonville, FL USA

Jack

Gooday Jon,

She is a ripper all right, and that paint job is not done justice by the photo. It needs to be seen to appreciate.

DB

PS.......Gooday Bob, Jamie has more time in it than me now, and I expect that is the way it should be. And what did Rotec have to say?

G'day Dave - I take it you got the priviledge of her first flight? Borrow but don't steal :)

Cheers (and congrats) JC.

Congrats, Jamie

Perhaps you will be able to show your beautiful plane to me in person.

Looks for sure that my wife and I will be joining our daughter in Townsville as she finishes her international exchange student experience at JCU. The three of us should be in Brisbane in late November.

LarryT
Larry Tompkins
RV-6A W544WB
W52 Battle Ground, WA

Hi LarryT

Drop me a PM when you are in the area, and we can catch up no problem.

We have had no problems with any of the first few flights that we have done so far.

Gratz!

Congratulations on completing your RV. It looks awesome!

I picked up my crates last Friday and can only imagine all these parts coming together to form a plane.

Way to go Jamie. Belated congrats mate.

Hope your new baby didn't catch a cold out there in the rain at "Festival of Flight" on Saturday. Was in good company though. A very fine 7A! Well done Jamie. Gerry.

Hope your new baby didn't catch a cold out there in the rain at "Festival of Flight" on Saturday. Was in good company though. A very fine 7A! Well done Jamie. Gerry.

Hi Gerry,

It did catch a cold, my radio stopped working, :( once the word was out, a replacement radio was handed to me, while mine gets fixed.
I was back in the sky within minutes. RV people are soooo friendly and always willing to help out.
Thanks again for every ones help so far. :)

Gerry....... Welcome to VAF :)

Yes the radio was playing up but us real pilots do not need them anyway :D

Just like you and your B737 going into a CTAF in marginal wx...........eyes wide open :eek:

Back