What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Thumbs up for TruTrak

Jon Clements

Well Known Member
A couple of weeks ago I noticed that the screen on my Digiflight II VSGV had dropped a couple of pixel lines. I contacted Lucas at TruTrak and he told me to send it back and they would repair it and return it to me (its a couple of years old bu has only been operating in my RV-7 for a couple of months).

When I pulled it out i noticed that the Pitot block on the back of the unit was bent downwards and the case was damaged however it was working as expected. I checked the clearances on my tip-up canopy (my DII is located at the top of my panel) however clearances checked out OK. I came to the conclusion that I must have closed the canopy at some point when something (a tool?) was resting on the top of the unit to have caused the damage. It wasn't a major issue so I wasn't particularly fussed about it.

When I sent my unit back Trutrak contacted me immediately to check if I had bent the Pitot Block downwards intentionally for clearance reasons and (if not) did I want it fixed?. I advised them of the above and instructed them to fix it while they had it in the workshop.

Only a few days later my Digiflight II VSGV arrived back in Australia in as new condition with a new updated screen, new case and updated software.

How much did they charge me........?

Zilch. Nil. Nuffin.

Aftermarket service doesn't get any better than that.

Thanks to the team at TruTrak - genuinely appreciated.

(Please note that I have no association with TruTrak other than being a happy customer - I just want to publicly thank them for providing service beyond expectation).

Yep. I've had similar positive experiences with TruTrak (and Dynon). :D

Garmin on the other hand tries to charge me $200 to replace a life limited battery that they soldered to the board. :mad:

Same experience for me. Last year I redesigned my panel to be modular and needed to change from the round to rectangular DII-VSG controller. I sent it back to be changed and not only did I receive back the rectanular controller but the new upgraded blue screen. Cost? Nothing, as said several times before, "you can't beat customer service like that". Dan

Have to say the same for most of the Amreican suppliers. They have great pride in their country and their product and they do not want an unhappy customer.

Hows that machine going Jon, Andy tells me quite well and it looked fantastic when I was there in April.

DB:)

Hi Dave

Couldn't be happier - 15 hrs on the clock and she hasn't missed a beat. Happy to admit that I have fallen in love again!

I was hoping to take it up to Cowra but due to recent weather its now unlikely I'll finish my phase 1 in time. Happy to wait till next year.

When can we expect or visit....? Or do I come up with Andy in VH-JWC post phase 1 and visit you?

Cheers

Jon

PS Got your msg late today.....had a flat out day and didn't get a chance to call back. I'll chase you down tomorrow.

Same experience with TruTrak and Dynon. First class operations. 696 is panel mounted and VERY easy to remove.
Howard Rhodes
F1Rocket #3

Last edited:
Back