What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X Great Circle

avionicsr

Got some good flying in over the weekend, including really noticing the great circle routes drawn on the G3X Touch for the first time, and some other general pics from the trip.

Early Morning Departure
SNH1.jpg

Sunrise
SNH4.jpg

SNH5.jpg

SNH6.jpg

SNH7.jpg

Inflated potato chip bag at 9,000 ft
SNH8.jpg

Great Circle on the G3X Touch
SNH9.jpg

First time breaking 200kts in this aircraft.
SNH10.jpg

SNH11.jpg

This is incredible hardware! Imagine the skywriting one can do with the help of this glass... :)

Everything but an iPhone mount. :D

I love the panel!

That's actually an old iphone I use as a DVR in conjunction with the video inputs on the G3X Touch. An iPhone with a 30 pin cable directly outputs composite video and analog audio. Now that you mention it though, I'll have to build a mount for it.

Last edited:
As Rod Machado would say.... be careful that bag may go Frito-Nova.:eek:

You know, it's happened to me before in another airplane. Sounds just like loosing an exhaust baffle. "What was that sound?!" "Wait, what's that smell?!" "Oh, never mind, it's cool."

You know, it's happened to me before in another airplane. Sounds just like loosing an exhaust baffle. "What was that sound?!" "Wait, what's that smell?!" "Oh, never mind, it's cool."

I think you mean Cool Ranch.

mcb

Great panel!

Those new G3X touch panels are nice! I like the attention to layout and placement. I am also curious about the dual screen backup instruments device in the lower left. Who makes that product?

I am also curious about this.

I don't think you're going to like the price (it's a TSO'd unit for the certified crowd) -- looks like it retails around $8750. :eek: I'm sure it can be had for less, but not worth it IMO with whats available in non-TSO, experimental form.

Those new G3X touch panels are nice! I like the attention to layout and placement. I am also curious about the dual screen backup instruments device in the lower left. Who makes that product?

It's a MD302 SAM. It is expensive, but it does have some features that none of the other standby instruments do, including auto dim, and the ability to sync baro setting with the G3X. When I change the baro on the G3X, it automatically changes the baro on the standby. It also pulls heading from the G3X system, and will have more features with future software releases. It is field upgradeable via USB port on the back.

Back