What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CFI for RV-9A

896weq

I'm New Here
I have recently purchased a 9A and the plane has been ferried to KSAF (Santa Fe, NM). My insurance requires 4 hours of transition training with a CFI who has at least 25 hours in the make and model of the plane.

Does anyone know of a CFI in the region who has 9A experience?

Thanks!

Leslee,
I’m surprised that they specifically require 9A training. Most insurers accept transition training in similar A-model training (6A, 7A, or 9A). If they’ll accept that, it’ll expand your options.

thank you. I agree. That is what the policy says, but I can check to see if there is some flexibility.

Leslee,
I’m surprised that they specifically require 9A training. Most insurers accept transition training in similar A-model training (6A, 7A, or 9A). If they’ll accept that, it’ll expand your options.

I'm insured with AIG. All of the pilot transition and training clauses in my policy are specific about it being in "the same make and model as your aircraft". The OP's broker can clarify, certainly.

I would suggest checking the VAF RV White Pages List. There are several RV9s listed in the Albuquerque area. A call to one of those owners could result in finding a flight instructor with RV9 experience.

There are EAA chapters in Albuquerque #179 and Edgewood #1306 that may be able to help you.

Unfortunately, I am in Oklahoma and too far away to help.

Last edited:
Back