Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Old 08-07-2014, 08:06 AM

Default Fuel remaining

Hey X Team,
One of the features I loved about my "legacy" G3X was "Fuel Remaining" at each waypoint on the active flight plan page. It was always nice to add an additional waypoint onto the flight plan and see if you would have your reserve at current fuel flow and GS.
I don't see "Fuel Rem" as a choice on the flight plan data bar on the new Touch.
Did I miss something?
Old 08-07-2014, 08:25 AM

Hi Jon - We'll make sure that gets added in the next software release.

- Matt
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.
Old 08-07-2014, 08:31 AM

Jon,
Since I have the legacy I won't try to answer your question but will add a little for anyone else.
When on a cross country flight i.e. KOSH this trip and thinking about changing my fuel stop I found it very helpful to use the fuel range ring.
If it is setup on the map setup page it will display a solid green ring for range to empty and a dashed green ring to range to reserve then solid yellow ring when endurance is less than reserve and range to empty.
I could pick a new airport within my dashed green ring and be safe on fuel. Being visual it is even easier to use than entering a new waypoint on the flightplan to check.
Catto three blade prop
http://www.mykitlog.com/MarkW
Old 08-07-2014, 08:49 AM

While talking about range rings one of my favorites is the BOD - Bottom of Decent ring.
If you set an altitude and you start a decent it will give you a blue? ring showing at what point you will reach that altitude. Very handy when stating your decent into an airport. If your ring shows up after the airport you can increase your decent.
I could not find it in the Pilot Guide so I am not sure of the setup. It may even to TOC but I have not noticed.
Catto three blade prop
http://www.mykitlog.com/MarkW
Old 08-07-2014, 10:30 AM
VAF Moderator / Line Boy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkW View Post
While talking about range rings one of my favorites is the BOD - Bottom of Decent ring.
If you set an altitude and you start a decent it will give you a blue? ring showing at what point you will reach that altitude. Very handy when stating your decent into an airport. If your ring shows up after the airport you can increase your decent.
I could not find it in the Pilot Guide so I am not sure of the setup. It may even to TOC but I have not noticed.
On the G3X, they now have the "Green Banana", which does just what you want - it shows where you will intersect your preselected altitude at current descent or climb rate. It is a short arc out ahead of you, not a full circle. Extremely useful tool!
RV-6 (By Marriage) - N164MS - "Mikey"
RV-3B - N13PL - "Tsamsiyu"
A&P, EAA Tech Counselor/Flight Advisor
Dayton Valley Airpark (A34)
http://Ironflight.com
Old 08-09-2014, 01:09 PM

Team X -

Glad you were able to add support for the CO Guardian serial input recently.

Been using it and it works wonderfully!

Marc
RV-15 coming soon!
Fly Navy!

VAF Advertiser - Aircraft Wiring Guide
It's a book to help with experimental aircraft wiring.
Old 08-24-2014, 08:42 AM

Angry

A question for G3Xpert, I have set up my two screen G3X with engine data on the top of the PFD, but now want to move this to the top of the MFD Map Page.

Unfortunately I cannot work out how to do this

Where do I find this in the install manual or the POH. Thx.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalkie View Post
A question for G3Xpert, I have set up my two screen G3X with engine data on the top of the PFD, but now want to move this to the top of the MFD Map Page.

Unfortunately I cannot work out how to do this

Where do I find this in the install manual or the POH. Thx.
In a two screen system with one configured as PFD1 and one configured as MFD, the EMS data should automatically move to the MFD screen. This is the normal operating mode.

In the event that the MFD goes offline, the reversionary mode kicks in and it will move back over to the PFD.

I would double your mode selection jumpers to ensure they are correct for each screen. Page 19-7 in the current install manual.

Also check out pages 21-23 in the latest Pilot's guide.
Check out my RV-10 builder's BLOG (Good stuff for those starting an RV-10)
RV-10, #41942, N?????, Project Sold
RV-7/TU, #72823, N159SB Airplane Sold
Old 08-24-2014, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brantel View Post
In a two screen system with one configured as PFD1 and one configured as MFD, the EMS data should automatically move to the MFD screen. This is the normal operating mode.

In the event that the MFD goes offline, the reversionary mode kicks in and it will move back over to the PFD.

I would double your mode selection jumpers to ensure they are correct for each screen. Page 19-7 in the current install manual.

Also check out pages 21-23 in the latest Pilot's guide.
Thanks for the help. I downloaded the latest G3X Install Manual Rev M, but the page 19-7 only forces the MFD into Reversionary Mode.

The MFD has the normal engine page at the end of the menu of pages, then I found in the setup pages that it was possible to have engine info at the top of the PFD.

Later I found others have the engine info at the top of the map page on the MFD, and that this info includes fuel flow.

So I am trying to move the (abbreviated) engine data to the top of the MFD page, but have not worked out how. I downloaded the latest G3X Touch POH and see on page 24 it refers to how to move EIS to the MFD. I will try that tomorrow.

BTW, my manuals are about two years old and are Rev F. New manuals are for the new G3X Touch.

Thx for the input

Last edited by Chalkie : 08-24-2014 at 11:08 AM. Reason: Added mor info
Old 08-24-2014, 03:10 PM

Hello Chalkie,

The G3X installation manual (rev M as of this writing) contains guidance for installing both the G3X and G3X Touch systems. The latest G3X pilot's guide (rev K) contains information for normal operation of your G3X system.

The setting you are looking for is "EIS Display Location", which can be found on the Display Setup page and on pages 60 and 61 of the current G3X pilot's guide. If you do not see this setting, consult section 27.4.10.2 of the installation manual and be sure that the corresponding "EIS Display Location" setting in config mode is set to "User Selected".

- Matt
Please email us for support instead of using Private Messaging due to the limitations of the latter.