What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Trutrak servo defect.

rv72004

Well Known Member
At annual inspection I found the pitch servo shaft had excessive play . This is both in/out [about 1/8] and twist. I checked another plane and it was not so. I disassembled the unit and found the oilite bearing ,[which supports the shaft coming out the unit] in the housing had worn itself loose and had enlarged the casing hole as well . It was moving freely in/ out.
I called Trutrak and was told not too worry as it couldnt go anywhere. Two other RV drivers felt they would address it if it was their plane. Maybe not a safety issue but definitely not what I want.
I bought a piece of oilite [$100] and am turning out a enlarged bush which will be repress fitted.
Have any of you had the same issue.?
100 hours on servo.

Last edited:
Servo shaft loose

I had the same problem with my servo in the wing during my annual. Sent it to Trutrak...returned in 2 weeks at no charged. Awesome people. I am not the first owner and the plane has 300 plus hours.

I know I will always do business we these guys.

Trutrak Servo

At annual inspection I found the pitch servo shaft had excessive play . This is both in/out [about 1/8] and twist. I checked another plane and it was not so. I disassembled the unit and found the oilite bearing ,[which supports the shaft coming out the unit] in the housing had worn itself loose and had enlarged the casing hole as well . It was moving freely in/ out.
I called Trutrak and was told not too worry as it couldnt go anywhere. Two other RV drivers felt they would address it if it was their plane. Maybe not a safety issue but definitely not what I want.
I bought a piece of oilite [$100] and am turning out a enlarged bush which will be repress fitted.
Have any of you had the same issue.?
100 hours on servo.

Call Trutrak and ask for Lucas. Request an RMA number for the servo. I'm not sure who answer your original call, but Lucas if the one to talk to. Send me a PM if they still give you a problem.

ALex D

Call Trutrak and ask for Lucas. Request an RMA number for the servo. I'm not sure who answer your original call, but Lucas if the one to talk to. Send me a PM if they still give you a problem.

ALex D

Thanks for sticking up for me Alex! It was me. I did offer to give him an RMA to send it in for repair, but it is not a critical repair. If you would like, just send me a PM with your full address, email, telephone number and I'll send you an RMA# for the return. Thanks!

Thanks guys,
I turned out a new bush from oilite and press fitted it to the enlarged hole. Seems pretty solid now. If it doesnt work for whatever reason will let you know.
BTW I wasnt concerned with TT fixing it or not , just posted to ask and make aware others of a potential issue which can occur to the servo.

Back