What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GUNS Garin Memorial Fly-In at Owens field, SC

steve91t

Well Known Member
Hey everyone! I would like to invite everyone to the first annual GUNS Garin Memorial Fly-In at Owens field in Columbia, SC (KCUB).

Saturday, May 28th 10-2pm

The purpose of this fly in is to raise money and awareness for our non-profit foundation, the GUNS Garin Memorial Foundation. Unfortunately we lost my brother, Major Rick “GUNS” Garin less than 2 years ago. He was a highly respected F-16 pilot for the McEntire ANG. This foundation was started to honor his legacy. We help military families in need and also have a growing flight scholarship program. We will be announcing 6 new recipients of our flight scholarship at this fly in!

This fly in is free! No landing fee. We want you to donate be because you want to, not because you have to. Lunch will be provided by Hunter-Gatherer. Veterans eat free! Also, there will be a B-25 static display and other warbirds.

As much as I wish my brother was here to enjoy this fly in, I feel he’d be proud of the foundation that we have started because of him.

My dad had a beautiful RV7 for 8 years. I took my daughter for her first airplane ride in it a few years ago. Unfortunately he recently sold it, but I still have a passion for RV’s. I now have a Cessna 195 that I will have at the fly in.

This is the very first fly in that I have hosted. My goal is to make this a fly in that many people look forward to attending each and every year.

Please check out our website to learn more about my brother and our foundation.

www.gunsgarin.com

Thank you!
Steve Garin

Attachments

• D530DFFB-0E21-423A-BBB3-2EAFD162798D.jpeg
    D530DFFB-0E21-423A-BBB3-2EAFD162798D.jpeg
    402.4 KB · Views: 90
Last edited:
VAF Calendar

Steve,
Please place a condensed version of this on the VAF Calendar (go to the headline banner above). You’ll get more coverage there than in this forum. Plus, Doug will publicize it as a Calendar event on his daily news update in the latter part of May. You can link to this thread or your website to provide details for those who are interested.

God bless you as you pay tribute to your brother.

Sincerely,
Don

Last edited:
Hey Steve, would you kindly post this again a coupla days before May 28?? As a reminder, and so I can see what the Wx looks like that day.:cool:

Thanx much

Back