What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Mini-AP Autopilot help needed

marv1121

Well Known Member
Just got some excellent help. He told me where to find the manual and I really appreciate it. I just installed a GRT Mini-AP complete with autopilot in my RV-4. Now I discover that there is no user manual for the Mini, only the full size versions. So far I have not been able to figure out how to do even the basic autopilot functions, like hold heading and altitude, or track a course. I am sure the unit is functioning properly. Does anybody out there have a few minutes to give me a little dual instruction by telephone or here on this forum. 419 360-7414

Last edited:
I just installed a GRT Mini-AP complete with autopilot in my RV-4. Now I discover that there is no user manual for the Mini, only the full size versions. So far I have not been able to figure out how to do even the basic autopilot functions, like hold heading and altitude, or track a course. I am sure the unit is functioning properly. Does anybody out there have a few minutes to give me a little dual instruction by telephone or here on this forum. 419 360-7414

Not seeing the problem. There are installation/set-up/user manuals on the GRT website for the Mini-X, the Mini-B, and the Mini-GA all listed under support.

Sorry, I was mistaken. If you look in the right spot they are on the Grand Rapids web site.
A very good guy told me where to find them so I should be off and running now. Many thanks for the help.

Marvin,
It was great talking to you today and I?m happy I was able to help. I know you?re going to love your GRT Mini as much as I do. Again, if you have any other questions, feel free to call anytime. See you on the Mountain.
Don

Just got some excellent help. He told me where to find the manual and I really appreciate it. I just installed a GRT Mini-AP complete with autopilot in my RV-4. Now I discover that there is no user manual for the Mini, only the full size versions. So far I have not been able to figure out how to do even the basic autopilot functions, like hold heading and altitude, or track a course. I am sure the unit is functioning properly. Does anybody out there have a few minutes to give me a little dual instruction by telephone or here on this forum. 419 360-7414

How do you like the mini so far? I’m getting ready to do the same install. Be on the lookout for a random PM asking for help! :)

Here is my current panel.
open

Here is phase 1
open

Phase 2
open

Last edited:
Back