What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Data plate question

stamper

Well Known Member
How has everyone been engraving their data plate for the airframe or is there a place that when you order it you give them your info and they do it. looks like Aircraft Spruce just sells the plate; they don't put your info into it.
Also what is all required to be on it?

engraving

I think Bill at rv engraving sells the plates and also does the engraving. Check out his website.

Laser Cutter

A laser cutter does a great job of etching stainless steel data plates. I took my EAA-issued data plate, flipped it over, and etched my own, with a custom graphic and all of the required information.

You asked "Also what is all required to be on it?"

Make
Model
Serial number

everything else is gravy.

Tip:
Use care in starting the registration process, especially if you have a long name, since it must be engraved. Skip middle initials,etc to simplify engraving and paperwork.

Be sure to do the make just like the rest of the paperwork. Last name, middle initial, first name.

Mine was in the other order and the DAR declared the aircraft unairworthy! Was joking, but he could have withheld the paper based on that. I fixed it later.

Be sure to do the make just like the rest of the paperwork. Last name, middle initial, first name.

Format isn't as important as matching the registration.

BTW, Standard format would be Last Name, First Name, Middle initial.

But, bottom line; the dataplate MUST match the registration.

Bill Esther did a great job on my fuel caps and data plate. He can be found at Independence Airpark in Oregon (home of the yearly Van?s Homecoming Flyin, Independence State Airport [7S5]).
http://rvengraving.com/

pk

http://www.aircraftspecialty.com/

These guys are awesome... Order your lockable fuel caps at same time engraved with your n number so when u fly over and loose your cap on my front lawn I know who to return it too. Plus you then don't need to label your tanks of fuel type cause he will engrave n the cap.

Back