What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Governor cable length

togaflyer

Well Known Member
With a Hartzell Governor, and using the bracket to run the cable over the top of the engine using vernier style control cables, what length of cable do I need.
Thanks.

well Richard it looks like no one wants to help you out. I wish I could but can't either. I'll be in Florida Saturday morning. I showed my kids a picture of the sun and they didn't know what it was, told them we would see it soon.

Richard
We did above engine with vans bracket...( from memory w153 is part number). Length is same as standard. Showplanes bracket uses different attachment to cable but vans bracket direct fit. We routed out of firewall around rear of engine and through spark wire cut out in baffling. Then straight shot to governor. We build support adel above engine to support cable and fire sleeved it from firewall to baffling. 400 hrs and no issues.

Yes it is the W153, which is like that show planse product. So do you use the same cable length that is listed in the plans.

Yes same length as stock Vans per plan. I think the vans w153 uses the bulkhead style cable attachment where is showplanes is a u bolt style...I think but I could be mistaken

Back