What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview Conversion Kit

Bruce Russell

Well Known Member
The parts to convert to Skyview came with my Finish Kit yesterday. Includes a wing wiring conversion kit as well.

Last edited:
Bruce, when you are viewing your photo in Flickr, above the picture you will see a button marked "Share". Click that and at the bottom of the drop-down menu will be "Grab the HTML/BBCode". Choose that, then make sure the BBCode little button is selected. Then the code it shows can just be copied and pasted right here. Hope that helps.

--Bill

Bruce, when you are viewing your photo in Flickr, above the picture you will see a button marked "Share". Click that and at the bottom of the drop-down menu will be "Grab the HTML/BBCode". Choose that, then make sure the BBCode little button is selected. Then the code it shows can just be copied and pasted right here. Hope that helps.

--Bill

Yes Bruce really like to see these Pics!

Bruce

Bruce,
So this is a "conversion kit"? Assuming you had it wired for the the other avionics kit and this allows you to change. Is the cost the same as it is for people that are wiring for it from the beginning? This makes it look like what people would have to do who had the already installed the original system. Another $13,000? Wow.

New panel sections included?

It looks like the new sheet metal for the panel is included (?) I wish I could get ahold of this now instead of having to wait for my whole panel kit to get shipped. I can't install the throttle cables until I get the new center panel.

We are still waiting

Our finishing kit shipped short and we are waiting for those parts.

Patience is getting harder to come by...

Great Pictures

Thanks for the great pictures. I do have 2 question though, if I may.

I saw the left and center instument panels, but what about the right side?

Any reference to using older auto pilot servos with the new skyview?

Thanks again, Tom

Thanks for the great pictures. I do have 2 question though, if I may.

I saw the left and center instument panels, but what about the right side?

Any reference to using older auto pilot servos with the new skyview?

Thanks again, Tom

BigBill,
Thanks for the Flickr tip.

Tom,
It looks like the conversion kit gets a different pilot panel than kits originally shipped with a skyview panel. Specifically, the glove box, right side panel, intercom and elt remote are not removed for the conversion. Kits originally shipped with skyview will have the elt and intercom on the pilot panel with a redesigned glove box door. I am not an authority on the auto pilot, but I have read that the older servos will work with skyview with the appropriate update, but that is a question for Van's or Dynon to answer. I will be back in the shop tonight and will post some more pics as I run through the "conversion".

Last edited:
Skyview Conversion kit

I am working on section 28 of the finishing kit. In looking at section 29, I see that the instrument panel will be installed soon. Can I buy the upgrade kit without the avionics kit now, or does the upgrade kit come with the avionics kit?
DeltaHotel

awesome updates

Thanks for posting these photos
I am in the middle of the fuselage kit and knowing what is coming is very helpful.
I hope Vans publishes the PDF of this update section on their website soon too.

Good work ! keep em coming !
:)

Back