What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Skyview & Autopilot

Ausmo

I had decided to order the RV-12 autopilot kit as I am at the stage of the build where I can build it in rather than retrofit.

I think I have read that the recently announced Skyview kit comes with autopilot. Can I buy the AP kit separately (now) and integrate with Skyview later without duplicating the purchase? :confused:

Erik

SV Auto Pilot

Eric I'm sure if you check the Dynon Web Site You will only need the Servo's to connect to the SV to have a Auto pilot.....
Cheers mate!

Van's sells the "RV-12 Servo Kit" which is the servos, rods, and other hardware that you need. It lets you install the servos before getting the rest of the avionics. The AP is software inside the Skyview. The Skyview does not use the control panel AP-74 module ($400) that was used in the original avionics. The servos attach to the wiring harness that comes with the fuselage kit. The brackets to install the servos also come with the fuselage kit.

It pays to buy and install the servos as early in the build as you can. I did and can tell you it will be harder to install as you progress with your build.

When exactly should I order AP servo kit from Van's

I'm getting my fuse kit in February - should I order the servo's from Van's now or wait until after I assemble the kit later this year? Kind of sounds from the above posts, that I should add it to my fuse kit order now.

Order it with the fuse kit and save on shipping. They go in while you are building the control linkages.

Back