What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Anyone bought from Avionics Source in Seattle?

Flyer2017

I've been looking to replace my Garmin 430W with an Avidyne 440. It uses the same connectors and is truly plug-n-play with only a little reprogramming. I saw prices from 12K to about 10.3K and would have to sell my 430W on eBay to get some of the money back. Avidyne will give a rebate of $4500 for a working 430W but I think wants to do it through a dealer.

I saw a price of $5245 for the IFD 440 from AvionicsSource.com in Seattle. They will ship a new IFD 440 to you for that price and you then pull your 430W and ship it back to them.

Has anyone ever bought from them? Seems like a great deal. I just don't want it to be on of those "If it sounds like it's too good to be true - it probably is" deals.

Feedback appreciated. Thanks

I have no horse in this race, have not dealt with Avionics Source and have no connection to them.

Chase Larabee is in sales there. He is a frequent poster over on Beechtalk. That's a crowd that will run you off the ranch if you're the least bit shady. I don't think Chase would have nearly a thousand posts and 200+ likes on Beechtalk if he was a crook.

I am a regular on Beechtalk (former Bonanza owner) and can confirm that Avionics Source (Chase Larabee) is well-regarded. Regular seller of avionics on that site and never an issue to my knowledge.

I purchased a Stratus ESG from Avionics Source a couple of years ago, and Chase was very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

I purchased an IFD540 from Chase a couple of years ago and he is the real deal. Excellent service and follow up support.

Hmm... I am pre-cut/wired for a 540 and given the "free" Lynx L3 Transponder or the Avidyne one I may need to pull the trigger then sell the "free" stuff to recoup some of the cost.

Not 100% sure, but when you look on their site they still have it listed. I'll call and ask today

I bought my IFD440 from chase. Great support, great communication when needed. I highly recommend Seattle avionics .

Back