What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Koger Super Sun Shade

curtis

Well Known Member
I just recently purchased and installed a Koger Sunshades Super Slider in my RV-6A and I love the final product. I have always flown with one of the static cling window tint on the upper portion of my canopy and I just didn't realize how much clarity in view I was missing. I have since flown with the new shade installed and when the sun is not over head you can slide the shade back and that leaves you a clear view above.

The post office was a little brutal on the box and damaged one of the parts but within two days Jeff with Koger had me the replacement part. I'm super impressed, as others have already said about this company and their top notch customer support.

I highly recommend Koger and their Sun Shades!!!

Last edited:
Ditto

I will echo your comments in that I have found the shade to be great in the 7A. I make a habit of retracting it during approach to the airport to take advantage of the large area of visability when looking for traffic.

10+ years

Over 10 years and 1100+ hours and the little 2 sided sticky pads are holding fast to the plexiglass.

Steve

Supersizing it.

I just recently purchased and installed a Koger Super Sun Shade in my RV-6A and I love the final product.

I presume that when you say you purchased a "Koger Super Sun Shade" you mean the Koger Super Slider.

Koger now sells 2 varieties, the regular slider (smaller) and the super slider (bigger). The super slider costs more but provides more shade area (but less visibility). Do you have the larger one and are you happy with the area it covers.

Does anyone else have any comments on the 2 different models and the trade-off between shade and visibility.

You do loose visibility in turns compared to the stick on window tints, without bending down a to look under the edge of the shade. If I'm going to be doing manauevers I just move it back out of the way. What was an eye opener for me was just how blurry the sight picture was when looking thru the old stick on tint, you could see thru it but not very well. When I move the new shade back when not needed the visibility is great.

Last edited:
How does the canopy look with the shade retracted? Much loss of visibility?
Thanks

They do not detract from the lools and are out of your line of sight because it slides on the track behind your head where it bunches up. They are expensive but we'll worth the money!

Back