What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Where to get 400w stuff

erikpmort

Well Known Member
I finally got a killer deal on a 400w. But it doesn't have a tray or antenna. Don't see any on eBay sold individually. Where is the best price to find this ? Any other install advice or other accessories I'll need please let me know thanks

Looks like I need a ga 35. If anyone has a used one let me know

Last edited:
I hope you are aware that these units are no longer in production and will no longer be supported by Garmin's maintenance shop.(I think)

As long as it continues to work properly I'm sure it will prove to be a good buy.

Good Luck,
Glenn Wilkinson

Search for 430 trays

If it helps your search, it seems like the 430W Installation Manual lists the same basic tray for the 400/420/430 units.

The difference is in the backplates, but since the 400W has least functions of the 3 units, the other backplates should work, they will just have some unused connectors, which you could remove.

I bought mine from Banyan Pilot Shop. Can't seem to find it on their website this AM but you may want to give them a call.

Chris

I hope you are aware that these units are no longer in production and will no longer be supported by Garmin's maintenance shop.(I think)

As long as it continues to work properly I'm sure it will prove to be a good buy.

Good Luck,
Glenn Wilkinson

No worries, Garmin does still service these units. ($900 flat fee)
Spendy but pretty typical on their avionics stuff.

Yes, Garmin does service these. My 430 (not W) just came back like new for $900 flat fee. New front panel, display, switches feel better and a 90 day warranty!

Stark shows an install kit for $250. I imagine Stein has similar. Also check any avionics shops near you. JA Air in Chicago has traditionally been a major 430 shop, they may have install parts too.

Jim

I've got an extra 400 series tray I'd be happy to sell you cheap ;)

The 400 series (400W, 420W, 430W) are still fully supported, the 400W was discontinued in the fall of 2014, but the 430W is still for sale and has complete parts commonality.

Thanks guys the unit ended up coming with a tray so I just need a wire harness and a waas antenna now. I'll try stein tomorrow for the harness and yes please get back to me on the antenna.

I paid 3300$. It was by far the cheapest waas unit and I already had two radios and and a kx 155 w gs so for my budget I'm happy. I've got my vizion to wire up to it which will be cool.

I'm thinking of locating the antenna next to the other one behind the canopy. I'll download the 400w manual and start reading up about the install

Back