What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

shaking nose wheel

CYVO RV7

I every body , I have changed the tail whell for nose whell and I would like to know about the shaking nose whell, when I touch the ground the whell began to shake what happend? what con I do to avoid that?
Yvon RV7A , [email protected]

Nose wheel shimmy

Get a Berringer nose wheel. The Shimmy will go away. Plus you get the advantage of a tubeless tire.

beringer options?

the last time I looked, the Beringer wheel was something like $400, but there was one almost identical that was $300 ( rough prices).
anyone figured a way to use the less expensive one?
I appears that the Van's yoke is 1/4" narrower than spec for the standard Beringer wheel, but with all the plugs and such that we use to adapt the stock wheel to the yoke, surely there's a way?
anyone done this?
want to share the secret?

Grove has a new tubeless

Hello,

My buddy and I bought a Grove tubeless wheel. An Aerosport tubeless tire from Desser.

I haven't flown so far with it, my buddy has 20 landings on it, all is fine.

The tire is much easier to install than on the beringer, maybe you want to checkout the installation manual. On the Grove, you just put it on, screw the wheel together, pump it up and its done!

I look if I can find pictures.
http://www.groveaircraft.com/rvnose.html

I do not have any relations to Beringer, Grove or Desser.

breakout force

I have the Matco axle and recently i suddenly experienced a nose wheel shimmy. My breakout force was off. Tightened the nut to 22-24 lbs and it is good to go.
I would check that first.

I have the Matco axle and recently i suddenly experienced a nose wheel shimmy. My breakout force was off. Tightened the nut to 22-24 lbs and it is good to go.
I would check that first.

Ditto on this as the first thing to check.

Back