What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GDU 470 PDF software update

flysrv10

Well Known Member
Anyone knows where I can get the PDF software update? I have updated the latest operating V8.92 but I guess there is a PDF update that I need to load. Thanks. Could not find it on Garmin's site.

Anyone knows where I can get the PDF software update? I have updated the latest operating V8.92 but I guess there is a PDF update that I need to load. Thanks. Could not find it on Garmin's site.

Hello,

All of the GDU 450/455/460/465/470 displays used in a G3X Touch system use the same software regardless of whether there are being used as PFD1, PFD2, PFD3, MFD1, MFD2, or MFD3 (up to 6 displays may be installed).

If you have GDU 4XX V8.92 loaded, you have the most recent software for your GDU 470 display.

I believe you have a GDU 460 PFD. Are you trying to jumper your GDU 470 to be something besides a MFD?

A 2 display G3X Touch system can be jumpered for PFD1 + MFD1, or PFD1 + PFD2. See page 26-25 of the Rev. AP G3X Touch Installation Manual.

Steve

Hello,

All of the GDU 450/455/460/465/470 displays used in a G3X Touch system use the same software regardless of whether there are being used as PFD1, PFD2, PFD3, MFD1, MFD2, or MFD3 (up to 6 displays may be installed).

If you have GDU 4XX V8.92 loaded, you have the most recent software for your GDU 470 display.

I believe you have a GDU 460 PFD. Are you trying to jumper your GDU 470 to be something besides a MFD?

A 2 display G3X Touch system can be jumpered for PFD1 + MFD1, or PFD1 + PFD2. See page 26-25 of the Rev. AP G3X Touch Installation Manual.

Steve

Hi Steve and thank you for the reply. Discovered that I had two different software version. Updating the 460 resolved the issue.

Have a great TG day.

Back