What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

D10A backup battery questions

Tankerpilot75

Well Known Member
I've had my RV7A for two years. I bought it from the original builder who finished it in 2008. To my knowledge the backup battery on the Dynon D10A has never been replaced. It still seems to work fine.

Questions
1. How often should these batteries be replaced?
2. Is this something I can do myself or does it need to be sent back to the factory?
3. If I can do it myself does anyone have information on how to do it?
4. If it must be returned to Dynon does anyone know approximately how much this cost?

D10 Battery

Not sure of the recommended replacement schedule, but changing it is easy. Mine had cover plate held on by 2 Allen head screws on the back of the can. It has a 9 volt battery style connector and battery just slides right out.

Don Broussard
RV9 Rebuild in Progress
57 Pacer

Replacement is on condition. Charge the battery, then run it for at least an hour. If it lasts an hour or more, it's still fine.

If you do end up wanting to replace it, you can replace it in the field with instructions in our install manual.

For those of us without the backup battery, can we install one in the field as well?

Yes you can. There is a little plate on the back that open up to reveal the battery compartment. You slide the battery in, plug in the connector, then put he cover plate back on. Easy peasy.

Back