What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dumb Heater Valve Question

Kyle Boatright

Well Known Member
I have the Plane Innovations heater valve. The hardware on the control arm is a bolt with drilled shaft (on the smooth part of the shaft - not the threads), a few thin washers, and a locknut. If you look closely at this picture, you can just make out the hole through the bolt.

I'm trying to figure out how to secure the wire from the push/pull cable to the arm using the supplied hardware. Is it a simple pinch connection where I tighten the nut/bolt so the cable runs through the hole, and between the washers? Presumably, the washers pinch the cable, but allow the nut/bolt to rotate on the arm so there is no binding? That doesn't seem right, but neither does a "Run the wire through the hole, then wrap it around the bolt (and hope you get it right the first time)" approach.

Reposition all of the hardware so that the arm for the valve is between the two thin washers, then the thick washer and the nut jam against the wire with the hole in the bolt on the opposite side of the arm. That will allow the bolt to pivot in the arm.

Back