What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Surprise gift from Greg at Van?s Aircraft

AX-O

Well Known Member
Came home to an unexpected box at my house. Opened it up and found these 2 nice glasses with the new Van’s Aircraft Logo. Got in touch with Greg and he said it was a thank you gift for the Ice Cream Social. Not sure if these are for sale, but if they are not…… They should be.

BTW, if you turn the new logo upside down. it is the same logo.:cool:

iS8stjD_0UXsOOpNlrOhN-uFa_5Mm2yB20ZtDzxudirvoA78x8mgHVNz_An9FgghHu51hzsM4BEkmr8S2njcvwmbcMVpuxEOyA1e2uZ5lduQMVBT16DUhs-lZT8e6OKu77V2WNlBijlv4hysxChPbIJJg5lc1aUtuWqVgY-LSiZaKuM4mgfpNPaatoAm4rMMkKtENHzdfr7YzK-nQY2U1tD4p5CpgJeUVYjuD6XUTj1e6zknP60p8u5PV9l7kFXT6_Y6VzXIX2WDleJm3nClihM8EkSSmcmSumYCDvVU-BgyPwawn2D6_4JSTD7x5GFLghvEQS6_JnHSwsA54D5J0WCQ5-npltBxS8sqloTDbPlHHqaZJfoRRN_hjAZHNKU9PhgOkPKkY7WZppV-59m4brXqnVooKaOwcvqB5VspistyVnRUviEKlptLF6uWGIdwxpUhR2mhvXs4hlWQAKnaLVgjkgm__J1ZuNGG8eJT86k-SDnx5DTKTNpwBKbrDvYNiwj4NrB68OOR92642_Ij18ciiCXByaU_1X0SBGKG1qYss1SIPGCQnhs57QfND61r6eA6nAeVH5ofUegjpUDjy_4j1LB_Nj3aPk6fG6YhLbVrVsqZa5KGYYjVPOqIV4Iil7iucI0odn0Zai9GdZ8D_jqus-eSf6uNXZyCvOhUczrHp8gRxq8b_wva01hGzpTe48UqirBoqCuzhxn0ajKxfv3-UQycBWoo6jBt5rl5oe4u01UB7c3ELJU=w209-h279-no

lI2qKhED5lwTWIZtqbUoTjGc5-OxiZcONcmpfS0WzNdHB2ESFp9mhqEiYgt5kdbhxFOqNEf9BppA9xutKSWX6n_DYJyQfJFaSxZu_YUHB6D8jlUHK2blsb52WQahuO9j_rI3R-M-_BwYUAnE42xQbFFkHOpkj4HrejTnmqA3Ic3dTSazf3BjUZsHtoqqNyx3ib0bQ7k4AV1VkWdeBltodmVzjK7se94LzZHxK---VRD7adqgsEqLdr7-s0oezNrJo6WdxZZl4pnX3XyxqGWOWNKZ_QAdOet-jEQa0x-FeYfW56Q2FVMckT682yxExizs5IXcWI0HqfF2kM8iwVj8d5WXkYYgk5-Jnf92Z1ijel-XCrrJ0xWFcr8fphnFtqXvMw-_70jLrRSvNT9OCeZsRKzRVF7S19lEjmYWZhuM1S-w6p4egVZcCLXFh-dTqBum9GS3v8rEVkN1qUpn36z7DPe34bLKlG27B7DtQzNgTxpfj44-lunp1VyGkpaATHZPttdqXa14JH4ErqLoP3Sec_hY09Wg2FvEXpBVkcCGMRi5QTbrob94A8MjkU1kTi_u3P8Qaf2FwBznKaeqEzpEQNBflTdHFaeg7As-PQtUttgbD-dP_I3G6kx85IXr_AavGPoVPZX21Y_wChoqtva-H77Cjb4tQK2Dq6QyhayYlX4Q258pxq7KvxAcoGLsyY4S0h_lKSjaLFpyn63xawsIaotDtu5nV9i-Rr-N5nvIK3EeXpwxFMpsjjY=w979-h1305-no

Last edited:
Hah - happy birthday present for ya, Axel.

Super limited edition, custom made glassware that I slaved over a hot new laser machine to make in the prototype shop. :D

They’re not for sale - at least not yet? Would people want to buy them? I’m also prototyping some Van’s-branded steel water bottles as a “maybe” idea. Ones that would work well in an airplane.

Last edited:
OK, again, I can't see the photos. I only see gray circles with a bar.

When this happens, it seems that some see the photos, while other do not.

I typically use the Chrome browser.

DR, any input? Does it have to do with using Google Photos as a host?

I sure wish we could solve the photo issue once and for all.

<Frustrated!>

OK, again, I can't see the photos. I only see gray circles with a bar.

When this happens, it seems that some see the photos, while other do not.

I typically use the Chrome browser.

DR, any input? Does it have to do with using Google Photos as a host?

I sure wish we could solve the photo issue once and for all.

<Frustrated!>

I also cannot see the pics. :/

Hah - happy birthday present for ya, Axel.

Super limited edition, custom made glassware that I slaved over a hot new laser machine to make in the prototype shop. :D

They’re not for sale - at least not yet? Would people want to buy them? I’m also prototyping some Van’s-branded steel water bottles as a “maybe” idea. Ones that would work well in an airplane.

Greg, I think this kind of merch would sell well! (Even though I can't see it lol)

no pics

Axel, I think you have the change the permissions on the pics so we can see them, even though you can see them fine. Thanks!

The folder is ?public?.

Some folks can see google pics sone cannot. I believe if you log in to google, you can see the pics. Not logged in, no pics. Something changed as this was not a problem before.

In any case, the glasses are awesome.

The folder is ?public?.

Some folks can see google pics sone cannot. I believe if you log in to google, you can see the pics. Not logged in, no pics. Something changed as this was not a problem before.

In any case, the glasses are awesome.

Nope, logging in just lets me see the gray circle. When logged out there is no indication of the pics at all.

Dropping copies of Axels photos here at his request, he plans to update his post later when he is in a place where he can do so. we got a new laser engraving/cutting machine recently, that's what these were made on. We also cut things like baffle material, fiberglass cloth and other (airplane-parts-related) stuff on it.

49672219198_5923182649_c.jpg

49673042592_ea23231965_c.jpg

And, a link to a bonus video I found on my phone:

Last edited:
I believe those glasses would sell! Water bottle, too. We all like RV bling.
BTW - happy birthday, Axel.

Super limited edition, custom made glassware that I slaved over a hot new laser machine to make in the prototype shop.

You know, Vans sets the standard for great experimental aircraft therefore maybe you should contract with the Waterford Crystal company in Waterford Ireland and have them make some truly classic crystal glassware and decanters for Vans to sale to its customers.

Now that would be classy!

There are companies on the web that can custom etch glasses. They get pretty reasonable when you order them in bulk.

And YES, they would be a big seller! I'd be in for a 4 pack of Glencairn glasses for sure! I won't name them as they're not advertisers here, but you can find them by searching for glencairn whiskey glass in your browser. BTW, the Glencairn glasses they sell are original crystal from Ireland.

a3g9x9O.jpg

Last edited:
Greg - you are a marketing genius... i see what you did there. You sent someone some free stuff and poof... you?ve got people lining up to buy. :D

Greg - you are a marketing genius... i see what you did there. You sent someone some free stuff and poof... you’ve got people lining up to buy. :D

Hey man, I can tell ya with absolute certainty that I am not an *anything* genius hah. :)

I made about 100 of these glasses for an employee gift over the holidays and saved a few extras here and there.

We're thinking about making limited runs of this sort of stuff and are always trying to figure out what we can make that people might like. We have the tools and equipment, but we also have to find a good way to allocate the time, of course! And it needs to be something we can do with low opportunity cost if it's not a kit part. Glassware and water bottles fit that bill I think, as long as we can afford to make and sell them for a price that people are happy to pay.

Our new light-box sign kit came out of that same "idea thinking" process (and I classify that kit as basically some unique Van's swag, which also serves as a simple practice kit and/or family weekend project - multi-purpose!). People have gotten creative with those signs, too - which is fun to see.

We'll be sure to let people know if/when we decide to do something new!

Last edited:
Greg
Sign me up for 4 sets of four glasses. I don't care too much about price but I need to thank people that helped with my build. :)

Jack
rv9a now flying

Hey everyone - We will find a time and method to make this happen, just know that right now is not the easiest time with all that's going on and how we have to operate for the time being. I appreciate everyone's feedback and enthusiasm!

Back