What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Aero Led

SuperCubDriver

Well Known Member
What is your experience with Aero Leds?

I like the low power consumption and brightness. I also like the rated life of some of their lights stated as 50,000 hours.

Last year one of my Sunray plus Landing Light failed after only seven years and sure not even close to 50,000 hours of operation - more like 100 hours. Replacement costs $ 300.
Now the Suntail white position light failed after 3 1/2 years, replacement cost wil be $ 395. This is disappointing considering their price!!

I have the Sunbeam on my airplane, in fact two of them. I am not overly thrilled with their performance. When I contacted the company about them they were quick to respond and even offered to exchange them or refund my money. I ended up keeping them as I already modified the mounts to fit them and they were serviceable, just not as good as I had hoped for the money.

Sunbeam product rating is a B-
Aeroled company rating is an A+

+1 on AeroLEDS Company!

I was an early adopter of AeroLEDS lights. I bought/installed their nav/strobe lights (Pulsar NS90 and Suntail) as well as landing and taxi lights (Extreem and Microsun) 10 years ago during my -7 build. 5-1/2 years and 540 hours of service now. All lights are on every time I fly (landing and taxi are on wig-wag). Been very happy with them.

Back before Christmas, I had the lens on the Suntail come off (de-bonded). Even though this light was 10 years old, AeroLEDS made me a REALLY good price to replace it. I can't say enough about AeroLEDS as a company - really good customer service!

I've had 2 failures. One was a NS90 Nav/Strobe (less than a year) and the other was the SunTail (about 3 yrs old). AeroLED replaced both NS90s and the SunTail under warranty. Great service but I too had hoped to never have to change them.

So they are not perfect and holding up the advertised 50,000 hours, at least not all of them. For $700 one can buy a lot of burnt bulbs! I?d rather pay a little more and have a lifetime warranty, now I just hope to have a few years until the next issue.

Back