What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wheel pant brackets.

Robski

Hi all.

I have an RV6 that has been flying for a couple of decades or more.
I have the updated set of plans and build manual for it that date from around 2008.
I have a quite beautifully finished pair of clone VA-157 wheel pants that I want to fit to replace the rather scabby original ones on the aircraft.

I have studied the build manual and plans and find I need the U-808R/L and U-810R/L brackets. Both the plans and the build manual tell me I need these so I don't think I am imagining things.
I am quite happy to mark, drill and bend some aly sheet to make them, if I only had the drawings. Am I missing a drawing somewhere along the line?

I guess this is probably a question for the Van's factory office, but being Sunday I thought I would kick it around here first!

Wheel pants

I have a draft article about installing wheel pants and fairings. It's pretty much finished. If it helps, shoo me an e-mail and I will send a draft.

I have the RV6 plans, but they don’t include an outline drawing for the 808, or 810 brackets. Only shown in the below drawing:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lFw4U5udQ69LZYhlYtezlsJ4an7VpXQS/view?usp=drivesdk

You can buy them from Vans already made of course. The 810’s are $19 each, and the 808’s are 10.50.
Thanks for the reply, Scott.

That plan sheet is where I found the U-808 and U-810 references myself. At least you have confirmed that I am not going mad and completely missed another sheet of plans.

I am looking for a drawing because I am in the UK. Buying the brackets from Van's, who actually price them very reasonably, isn't totally out of the question. However, by the time I have had them shipped across the pond, paid various import duties and sales taxes, sales taxes on the shipping, and sales taxes ON the import duties, etc it will probably spoil the look of around $200. It's just so much cheaper, easier, satisfying and probably quicker to make them up myself.

I'll contact Van's tech support and see if they can do anything for me!

Thanks again.

Back