What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SB-00066 - Prohibited use of ethanol in Andair fuel pumps

greghughespdx

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Andair has published a service alert document prohibiting ethanol fuel use in conjunction with their fuel pumps.

As a result, Van's has published SB-00066, to make owners aware of the applicable Andair service document. Owners can contact Andair with any questions.

They mention 94UL...I presume the new 100UL is also compatible (since the claim is that it is completely compatible with 100LL)?

Dont understand

I am a little dense. Does this mean that mogas that has ethanol blended in is no good?

Thanks

You got it right. If it says no ethanol it means no ethanol.
Sounds crazy in this time and world.
I run Costco premium all the time. BUT, I converted to SDS fuel and ignition a couple years ago.
The only Andair thing is the 6 port valve.
They look bullet proof. Just hope they don't go POOF
My luck varies with time Art

SERVICE ALERT
Issued October 6
th, 2022
This service alert applies to all Andair fuel pump models E.g., PX375-TC, PX500-TC, PX375D-PR,
PX375-S, etc.
It has come to our attention that the use of ethanol-based fuel (E10, E15, etc) over time can cause
detriment and weakness to the epoxy adhesive/potting compound used in our pump models.
Eventually this will inhibit conforming/working functionality of pump components.
We encourage all customers using ethanol-based fuels with Andair pump models to discontinue
immediately and contact Andair for guidance, or to return their units for inspection,
repair/replacement.
We are currently working on a solution to resolve this matter, so all fuel types are sufficient
without risk or harm to your Andair pump model. In the meantime, we strongly urge you to
suspend the use of ethanol-based fuel until further notice.
The use of UL91, Avgas 100LL, UL94 & Swift 100R is safe and satisfactory in all Andair products.
We apologise for any concern or inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your continued
custom and support!
Andair Team.

Back