What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Military ATP Practical Exam

JordanGrant

Well Known Member
All,
I'm in the market for finishing my Airline Transport Pilot ticket. I did the written last year and now I just need to do the practical. I'm looking for one of the programs that are military-friendly, so I can take a week or so of leave and knock it out. If you know of a program to recommend, please let me know.

Cheers,

Jordan, not really RV related so not sure this is going to survive the forums but I used downtown aviation http://www.downtownaviation.com to do mine. Very, very military friendly and worth the travel (I traveled from AZ) PM me if you want more details; there are some excellent FB communities out there that can really help out with questions like this, I'm happy to share the info.

Good luck man

ATP-Higher Power

Jordan,
I just completed this 2 months ago with Higher Power Aviation in Dallas, TX. Added benefit of 737 type rating. Great school and course. However it's not cheap. If you have some GI Bill benefits left it's a VA friendly school.

PM with any questions.

Dan

I've heard a lot of good things about higher power if you have GI Bill you're willing to use. I would have done mine there if I didn't have to go to the regionals who paid for it anyway.

I actually own and operate one called Hard Deck Aviation out of Hanford, CA using a Baron. I only deal with military pilots but it's a part 61 school, so you won't be able to use your GI Bill. Let me know if you're interested.

-JJ

Back