- Today's Posts | Insert Pics

Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

Old 04-05-2021, 12:59 PM

Default Looking for a hangar

I'm hoping to find a hangar at either KVDF or X39 for night of 4/16/21. Going to SnF and hopping over there after the airshow on Friday. Hotel where I'm staying is equal distant between the two airports (free room for points). If there are other factors besides hangar space between the two airports, I'd be interested in a PIREP. Thanks.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:07 AM

Default Tampa Area PIREP

Any thoughts on plusses or minuses of either KVDK or X39 as my choice of overnight in Tampa area? Fuel looks to be much cheaper at X39, but FBO hours show only open 8am - 4:30pm. I wouldn't be getting in until 6:30 or 7pm (or maybe even a little later than that). So that may weigh heavily in deciding on KVDF.

Last edited by FlyingBanker : 04-06-2021 at 07:57 AM.
Old 04-06-2021, 06:19 AM

I think VDF gives you more options - probably more likely to have hangar space plus more likely to have services available should you need anything. I know there are RV's at VDF, not sure about X39. X39 does have a nice little restaurant, but not much else going on. It's also a single, narrow runway whereas VDF has two runways and instrument approaches if that matters to you.

Chris
Old 04-07-2021, 06:45 AM

There are a few RVs at X39. I have an RV6 hangared at X39, but I donít have any room for another airplane in the hangar.

I agree with YellowJacket that VDF is a better option. Check NOTAMs, though. The East-West runway has been closed for construction. Donít know if itís open, yet.

ZPH (Zephyrhills) is another option to try. Several RVs based there, and they have the cheapest gas in the area.

Land O' Lakes, FL
Airport: X39 (Tampa North AirPark)