What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rudder cables, where in plans?

Sig600

Well Known Member
Can someone point me to where in the plans the hardware callous are for:

Cable attach to rudder horn?
&
Clamp that holds sheath where cables enter the fuselage just forward of the rudder horn?

I can't find it anywhere or on any of the drawings.

Thanks.

Sig, you should have a piece of 4130 steel, about 12" X 3/4" wide. It is cut to make 4 pieces, two on each side, that attach the rudder cables to the pedals.

Best,

Pierre, found all the materials and what not for the pedals forward.

This elusive drawing 27A that everyone keeps citing for things.... Is no where in my pile. I must find it.

Anyone have a PDF?

Drawing 27A buddy.

Dwg 27A as AlphaCharlieBravo states. PM me your email and I'll email the PDF file of 27A to you.

RV7%2520-%2520DWG%252027A.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for this post! I too could not find hardware.

Also, looked at rudder-peddles drawings for hardware. Is AN3-6 the same used on rudder/pedal . . . ?
Have a 93 build 6. Not sure if those bolts have ever been replaced? Will be replacing them as soon as I can confirm bolt sizes.

Thanks for this post! I too could not find hardware.

Also, looked at rudder-peddles drawings for hardware. Is AN3-6 the same used on rudder/pedal . . . ?
Have a 93 build 6. Not sure if those bolts have ever been replaced? Will be replacing them as soon as I can confirm bolt sizes.

Not sure if the 6 plans are the same for this but on DWG 37 of my -7 plans the exploded view (lower left) calls out for AN23-10 clevis bolts.

_My copy of preview plan set - 2006_Page_44.jpg

Back