What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Eagle's Nest Two

videobobk

Well Known Member
Friend
Eagle's Nest Two begins! Tonight was the intro night for prospective builders at the Patriot Academy http://ngpatriotacademy.com . As near as I could count, there were 42 students that showed up, and 19 stayed to talk and ask questions about the program. Who said there is no interest in aviation among our youth!

We unpacked the tools and I demonstrated some of the techniques they will learn in the next few weeks and months. It appears to be a very good group, and I am excited to see how it will go. This has the chance to become a permanent part of their training, and it is a beta testing program for how other programs will be set up, mentor training and material storage being of most interest. I hope to observe rather than doing direct mentoring. That way I can best polish our start-up procedures. We unpack the first Big Box next week.

This will be my first time back in a military environment in over 40 years. The prospect of being "Sir" instead of "Mr. Bob," as with the Eagle's Nest One, will take some getting used to. Look for a bunch of these soldiers at Oshkosh. Thank them for their service, and ask how EN-II is coming along.

Bob

Bob,

This is very exciting! I've tried on more than one occasion to "ignite" the interest in aviation with mixed and unsustained results. Eagles Nest has restored my faith and interest. Thanks for all your hard work and I look forward the seeing Eagles Nest Two take wing!

And Saturday we hang the engine on EN-I! I'm gonna be busy... Bob

OUTSTANDING !!!

Hope you got some photos for the website... and a paragraph or two describing the day's activities.

Bob - Please tell the students that I'm VERY proud of them and that I'm already planning another trip to see their progress. Great kids... every one!!!
===================================

For those of you that may not know -- Eagle's Nest Projects are now sponsored by Friends of the RV-1.
For information about Eagle's Nest and project updates, please visit www.RV-1.org.

Regards,

Back