What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

First Solo

grjtucson

Well Known Member
N567AJ first flew a month ago with Ironflight/Paul Dye as test pilot. This weekend I got to fly her with Mike Seager for 5 flights worth of dual transition training. This morning I took her up for my first solo, 20 mins and 3 landings, behold another RV Grin...

Thanks to all that have been so helpful, another major milestone reached.

Attachments

• RV Grin.jpg
    RV Grin.jpg
    379.1 KB · Views: 326
George, you’re a great example of someone who has the patience to take your time and do it right - now go out an enjoy that machine!

Paul

Thanks!

Thanks all, and particular Paul for all the help as Flight Advisor and test pilot. N567AJ is now "down for maintenance" for the 10-hour oil change and diagnosing a non-firing plug discovered on what was to be the second flight today :rolleyes:. Will be flying a lot after that and a little R & R in Mexico over Christmas and New Year's; Phase 1 is going to be very enjoyable and very educational.

George, I bet it was thrilling to do your first solo in your plane. I am ucky to have had a good friend do my first flight and phase 1 enabling me to finish up my license in my plane! My first flights and especially my first solo ware a thrill only a few get to experience. Have fun with your new plane!!

Good job George! Looks like you prepare well and your success is proof. Enjoy all the great flying weather you have in Tucson.

Congratulation George!! My plane had three first flights. One with the first flight pilot, one with us both and the third (and real first flight) was me solo.

Wish you many years of fun with your great machine.

Congratulations!
What an accomplishment! All the hours and work were worth it, I am sure.
I am still banging away but will be there too very soon!

Awesome!

Back