What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pink slip acquired!

Brandi

Well Known Member
On Friday evening, after 20 months and 2300 hours, we received our pink slip! Vic Syracuse was our DAR and he was excellent.

Thank you VAF community for being a great resource.
IMG9600-L.jpg

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!

Excellent news.

Now, who is going to fly it??

Have you gotten transition training yet??

I suspect your photo may show up on the VAF front page in the morning.............

Last edited:
... and here I am plugging along and about to celebrate by 5th anniversary as an airplane builder.

Congrats!
Phil

Uh-oh!

The "baby wagon" is close to first flight:) Family planning at its best.

A big congratulations guys.

Best,

Very nice. Looking forward to the first flight. Does the test area include a grass strip in Taylorsville that often smells like roasted pork?

Awesome!

I can't believe how quickly you guys got her together. I look forward to reading about your first flight and your adventures to come. Well done!

Way to go guys. I remember the day it all started. It seems like just yesterday. Laurel and I both say Congrats. Hope to see you soon.

Inspection went smooth

Congrats again.

I watched the inspection to see what I could learn for mine in next year. I just hope mine goes as smooth as theirs did.

Bill

Sad to hear you got your pink slip as aircraft builders. Oh, well, perhaps you can find work as test pilots... :p

(Meanwhile in Arizona: Jealous, jealous, jealous!!! :eek:)

Congrats. After following your build log and learning a few "secrets" it is great to see it if finally ready to fly. One day I will get there....

+1 on the vote

I vote the coolest couple on the planet!

No doubt! You two rock! I am so jealous - do you realize that you have another 100+ (combined) years left to fly! Just shows what can be accomplished when the "team" is pulling for the exact same objective! ;)

Many congrats. I've been going 5 1/2 years and still have 20 months to go - I've spent that amount of time pondering over the plans!

Nice!

Hey great job. When ya have that thing in the air ya need to come ofer to MS sometime.

We would put ya up for the night.:)

These are great traveling machines.

Thanks guys! :D

Now, who is going to fly it??

Have you gotten transition training yet??

Brian's training with Pierre and Pierre is doing the first flight.

In the end, we'll both be flying it... just as soon as I get my PPL.

Does the test area include a grass strip in Taylorsville that often smells like roasted pork?

I believe it does!

Discussed that.

Mike, Brian and I discussed her/their options regarding her PPL. I said that they'd be self-insured until she at least solos the airplane, because they can't get insurance to cover her as a zero time student pilot in the -10.

Brian thought that it would be wiser and simpler for her to solo a Skyhawk first, then transition to the -10 and learn the added CS prop work and also save the -10's landing gear from learning smash'n go's.:), which I agreed with.

I have checked out their CFI in my -10 last Saturday, so he can be added to their policy. Marietta, Ga. (their base) is around 185 miles from me, in NW Atlanta.

Best,

Back