What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV6 cfi wanted Mt Airy VA area or SAV, GA

Status
Not open for further replies.

echostar7

I recently purchased an RV6 based in Mt Airy, and I want to get my 10 hours of dual time required for insurance to solo. CFI must have at least 500 total logged flying hours, 100 hours in conventional landing gear (TW), and at least 25 hours in the make and model. Alternatively if you have an RV6 near Savannah, GA and meet the above, I can fly with you in your RV6.

Thanks, Matt

Alternatively if you have an RV6 near Savannah, GA and meet the above, I can fly with you in your RV6.

Thanks, Matt

Welcome to the EAB world. One of the few limitations on EAB aircraft is that they cannot be used for compensation or hire. Your alternate suggestion above does not meet this test, unless:
1. The training is absolutely free. No compensation of any kind. OR
2. The owner holds a waiver to this rule (not too hard to get), called a "LODA" in faa-speak ("Letter of Deviation Authority").

Welcome to the EAB world. One of the few limitations on EAB aircraft is that they cannot be used for compensation or hire. Your alternate suggestion above does not meet this test, unless:
1. The training is absolutely free. No compensation of any kind. OR
2. The owner holds a waiver to this rule (not too hard to get), called a "LODA" in faa-speak ("Letter of Deviation Authority").

Thanks for the clarification, please adhere to above as well,:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back