What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 CFI & Aircraft

davestapa

My brother and I are finishing up a RV10 in Calhoun Georgia. The first flight should occur within the next 2 months. The insurance company wants 5 hours with CFI or 10 hours with in a RV10 with experienced RV10 pilot. Does anybody know of a CFI in the Southeast with a RV10 that can do the 5 hours training?

David Maib at New Smyrna FL. I did my transition training with him and can't speak highly enough of him. His ID here on VAF is dmaib.

Call up Alex DeDominicis in Dallas, TX.

http://rvtraining.com/html/_rv-10.html

He did my transition training, and I was very happy with the experience. He has a very well equipped RV10 (with AC!)

I also did mine with Alex over a weekend. Flew out friday night, and back Sunday afternoon.

Also, I am not a flight instructor, but if you want to fly some right seat before hand give me a call or e-mail. Always looking for a reason to go fly. Out of LZU, was one of the guys that helped with your cabin top a couple years ago.

Vic Syracuse

I think Vic Syracuse can take care of you. He's local, right here in Atlanta (Mallards Landing) Not positively sure, but pretty sure. Call him and ask.

404 307 5133

By all means call and get the latest information directly from those involved. But, the last I heard, both David and Vic were 'on hold' due to the absurdly high rates they were quoted to insure their aircraft for such training (note 'pilot training' is not covered under standard policies). But do call and get the latest info.
There is a real disconnect here; the insurance companies are just not set up for cfi's who only instruct 20 hours a year in their aircraft, but they want new-to-RV pilots to get instruction.

Back