What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

New assignment -Wichita KS anyone?

RV7AJeremy

Well Known Member
Just found out about my new assignment at the Beechcraft factory in Wichita:D. I'm very excited about it. Anyone in the area? Should be moving there in the spring.

Good luck on your new assignment. It will be fun being able to go to so many parts and engines right in the same town! Have fun and good luck

Hello Jeremy,
I live in Newton which is approx 30 miles north of Wichita. There is a group of us around the Wichita area that are either building or flying RVs and we meet once a month and call ourselves the Aircapital RVators.

Last edited:
We do have a Facebook page for the AirCapital RVators group. You can contact Lonny who is in that group and get your your name added to the monthly meeting e-mail notification. Please let me know if you have any questions.

At the actual T-6 factory

Does that mean Mcconnell AFB? If so I'll see you on the road.

I'm a C-17 dude thats been teaching in the T-6 for the past 4 years. There is actually an active duty job at the T-6 factory. That's where I'll be "stationed."

Last edited:
Congratulations!

Jeremy,
That sounds like a dream job!
I hope we can get together one day before you move.

I lived in Wichita for about a year back in 77 when I worked at Cessna.
I'm sure it's changed a bunch since then, but I liked it.

Mark

Jeremy, my family and I moved to Wichita about a year ago and we have been quite happy with the town. I'm not sure if you are looking to buy a house or not but I'd be happy to show you around, PM if your interested. FWIW my neighbor works for HBC and was a program manager on the T6 until a month or two ago.

Welcome to Wichita

Jeremy, I?ll add my welcome to Wichita, and second the invitation from Curtis to join the Air Capital RVators builders group. There are a few of us ?Beechcrafters? building/flying RV?s. When you get settled in, feel free to look me up in the company directory, maybe we can do lunch.

Rob

McPherson Airport

Jeremy-

Congrats on the new job. I run the McPherson KS airport, which is about 50 miles north of Wichita. The T-6s drop in at least once or twice a month to do approaches and touch & gos. We'd love to see more of them, so feel free to make us part of your testing regime.

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Thanks everyone

Thanks for all the welcomes from everyone. I am excited to get to a new area where there are a few more builders. I am the only one in this little town. Our house here just went under contract tonight also, what a great week for me and my family. :D

Back