What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

EAB/RV Life Insurance Quotes

alpinelakespilot2000

Well Known Member
Does anyone who is in their low 50s, good health, non smoker and who has recently searched for a new term policy have any leads on life insurance providers?

My insurer who covered me for the past 15 years jumped me to $90/mo for a new 10-yr $400K policy (or $22.50 per 100K) because I fly an "experimental built RV." (I have always had coverage that included general aviation, but when I applied 15 years ago I only flew factory built--apparently that was more OK with them.)

I'm getting to the point where I don't really need life insurance, so I've thought about just dropping it. That said, if you have an insurer who covers you for less than $22.50/mo. per $100K coverage as an EAB pilot and are roughly in my demographic or older, I'd love to hear what providers I might check into.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Mine is through Prudential. It is a 20 year policy and the rate is $764/yr for $500K. Or about $12/mo/$100K I'm halfway through the policy and am 56 now.

I'm 62. Dropped my life insurance about 5 years ago. I'm solvent, have PLENTY of assets, so I really don't need it. I'd rather have my money in IRAs, or similar.

Harvey Watt

I have term with no exceptions other than suicide in the first 2 years. RV flying, aerial firefighting, airline pilot...didn't matter. Though, most I can get is 1.5M and it required a physical. Rates were similar to anything I got quoted via policygenius.com

https://harveywatt.com/

I've heard good thing about piclife.com also.

Last edited:
Back