What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Handy angle attachments

Buggsy2

Well Known Member
Another couple of tools that I didn't know for 5 years, and a building buddy told me about. Now I use them all the time:

Small right-angle drill attachment. I got a stupidly huge one early on, which I never used because it never fit anywhere. I also got a 45 deg. air drill, which works great, but you have to drag out the air hose, etc. to use it...when you may only have a couple of holes to drill. But the Tight Fit Drill Kit - Aircraft Style 90 Degree Right Angle Power Drill Attachment is both small enough to get into tight places, and handy enough to use in a moment, it just attaches to your cordless electric drill. Note, look through the variant tools Tight Fit offers, the URL above is one example of several.

Angled screwdriver attachment. This Milwaukee OFF-SET Power Screwdriver Head attaches to any cordless or ratcheting screwdrivers with replaceable bits. Makes a 45 deg angle which is often better than a 90 deg, as it allows for better force to be applied to the driving bit.

The red part of that particular right-angle drill can be further filed down to fit in tighter places.

Speaking of angles, years of turning wrenches on cars and never knew things like this existed until I started borrowing tools from my IA during owner assist activities. Through some patience, I now have a set from 1/8" to 15/16" for $140 eBay bucks spent. Use them all the time on my completed airplanes.

Last edited:
Back