What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What GA is all about - San Carlos Aviation & Supply

RV7A Flyer

Well Known Member
Patron
Sometimes there are things that happen in the world that give you hope...

We flew the RV up to the San Francisco area last week, and while there, the rental apartment was burglarized and the rental car stolen...and so were all of our Bose A20 headsets, electronics, etc. Insurance will cover them, but in the meantime, it was going to be a problem...going NORDO out of SFO area, or buying some cheap headsets until we could get replacements.

But here's where a fellow GA pilot/business owner came to the rescue. When I mentioned the situation to Hans Plesman at San Carlos Aviation & Supply (we had tied down beginning of the week at KSQL), without *any hesitation*, he picked up two Flightcom headsets off his rack, handed them to me and said "I'll just loan you these...just send them back when you get home". I offered to leave a credit card number as security, and he refused to accept it, saying that we all just have to take care of each other. I was truly, truly impressed with that kind of trust and concern. The headsets made the rest of the trip not only possible, but enjoyable, and allowed me take other friends flying in the plane over the weekend before heading home.

So here's a top-notch recommendation for San Carlos Aviation & Supply at KSQL, San Carlos, CA (sqlaviation.com). A nicer guy you couldn't meet...

Thanks, Hans, for saving our vacation...

Yep Hans is awesome. Also, his shop is one of the three main pilots gathering locations on the field... (the others being the restaurant and a particular hangar with some old couches)

Back