What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV Bar Open

jroser

Left over parts and to much time on my hands what better to do than build an RV6A Bar. Margarita Time!
9h53jn.jpg

jfc00j.jpg

Thanks for putting the instruments low enough for me to see them in the middle of the afternoon.

On a Tuesday. :D

That's great, unfortunately I think I'm going to have more than enough parts to do the same when I'm done. ;)

Drink suggestion:

Mix your favorite clear spirit, (Vodka, Gin, etc...) with an equally clear sweet beverage (non carbonated) and just enough blue food coloring so that the drink looks exactly like 100LL. Invite your pilot friends and tell them you ran out of the good stuff so you had to drain some from your fuel tanks.

Drink suggestion:

Mix your favorite clear spirit, (Vodka, Gin, etc...) with an equally clear sweet beverage (non carbonated) and just enough blue food coloring so that the drink looks exactly like 100LL. Invite your pilot friends and tell them you ran out of the good stuff so you had to drain some from your fuel tanks.

And J?germeister shots poured from a aeroshell quart bottle.

Drink suggestion:

And J?germeister shots poured from a aeroshell quart bottle.

Winning post thus far! :D

Side note: Stationed in Korea back in 1983 during my USAF days, we had a old crusty Master Sgt who, when off duty, always had on him a Chevron two-stroke pint sized oil bottle with a mixture of whiskey and peppermint schnapps. So the oil bottle/alcohol combo's been done before.

Side note: Stationed in Korea back in 1983 during my USAF days
Huh. Me too. I think I was probably a little farther north than you though (Army, at Camp Casey).
we had a old crusty Master Sgt who, when off duty, always had on him a Chevron two-stroke pint sized oil bottle with a mixture of whiskey and peppermint schnapps.
I think I'd rather drink the original contents. That sounds pretty foul.

That's a brilliant idea! Now you just need to polish the aluminum and add some stars and bars to go with that P-47 on the wall.

Back