What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GLO Custom Paining

Grady painted my RV-10 and did an amazing job. People flyin from all over the country for his work. Highly recommed.

Nope

I'll be shocked if you get a negative response. Grady painted my RV7 about two years ago. Was great to work with, completed in the 4 weeks he promised and I have nothing but good stuff to say about the job he did, I get lots of compliments. Go with Glo, you won't be sorry.

I have Grady do ALL my paint work - and even now that he is a logn ways away, he'll be the default option. You can look up my planes and see the results!

Glo

I'm very happy with the work Glo Custom did on our RV-8, finished about 3 months ago. Image below, and more "in process" pictures at: http://rv8.blancks.com

10959912_836195306419024_4096795861937055252_o-1024x683.jpg

I have no stake in this as it wasn't my plane and I hesitate to say anything here but you're asking....

I saw an RV come back from GLO a year or so ago that they should still be hanging their heads in shame over. Colors bled onto others, overspray in many places so bad it wasn't even shiny. GLO actually handed him a can of buffing compound to remove the overspray. He has been working off and on for a year on it and it looks better but it will never look like it should for what he paid. Single stage just doesn't buff like that. His scheme is beyond fantastic, but his painter needed a class on paint gun setup. I've done a lot of spraying in my life and that application was poorly done.

When you go to pick up your plane....have the attitude that they keep it until it's completely right and if it isn't at least as good as a Hyundai off the lot....there is something wrong. When I picked mine up from my painter I was blown away by it....and the smile is still there every time I look at it. Don't drop the ball at the one yard line.....

We all have had one job that got away from us and perhaps this was the only one for GLO, but they should never have handed it over and he should never have accepted it. Just my opinion, worth less than .02

Last edited:
I have no stake in this as it wasn't my plane and I hesitate to say anything here but you're asking....

I saw an RV come back from GLO a year or so ago that they should still be hanging their heads in shame over. Colors bled onto others, overspray in many places so bad it wasn't even shiny. GLO actually handed him a can of buffing compound to remove the overspray. He has been working off and on for a year on it and it looks better but it will never look like it should for what he paid. Single stage just doesn't buff like that. His scheme is beyond fantastic, but his painter needed a class on paint gun setup. I've done a lot of spraying in my life and that application was poorly done.

When you go to pick up your plane....have the attitude that they keep it until it's completely right and if it isn't at least as good as a Hyundai off the lot....there is something wrong. When I picked mine up from my painter I was blown away by it....and the smile is still there every time I look at it. Don't drop the ball at the one yard line.....

We all have had one job that got away from us and perhaps this was the only one for GLO, but they should never have handed it over and he should never have accepted it. Just my opinion, worth less than .02
Bill, this is quite surprising to me. I have had multiple business interactions with Grady. I do consider him a friend based upon my business interactions with him after he painted my plane. I find it absolutely beyond my comprehension that he would not do EVERYTHING necessary to make something right if it was not.

Yes, Grady painted my plane.

IMG_7864.JPG

In fact he painted it twice. I picked it up on New Years Day 2011. I picked it up again from him May, 2011. For those of you in the know, you might notice there was an infamous date that occurred between those two dates. March 31, 2011 my plane was badly damaged in the Sun N Fun tornado. Grady was just one of many others who went way above and beyond what was necessary to help me get my plane back to its previous beauty it was prior to that miserable experience. And, Bill, you were camping next to it that following August at Oshkosh. In my opinion, my plane would have not come out as nicely had Grady not painted it and been stand up about getting it repainted after the damage. No one can go wrong with working with GLO. Been there, done that. . .and would do it again, no questions asked!

Live Long and Prosper!

Last edited:
Back